Buhari’s spokesman, Garba made N280m dealing in forex – PDP alleges

images (3)

The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has accused the Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, of making N280m dealing in forex.

The opposition party which took to its Twitter handle, @PdpNigeria, yesterday also alleged that the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Godwin Emefiele assisted Shehu in the deal.

The tweet reads, "FLASH: Garba Shehu got $800,000 forex at N185 from CBN on the instructions of Emefiele, CBN governor and sold at N350 on the same day."

But Shehu in his reaction,however, denied the claim, saying he was not a forex trader.

The Presidential spokesman in post on his Facebook page yesterday threatened to sue anyone behind the Twitter handle.

"It is a lie by PDP to say I bought $800,000 from the CBN. I had only two forex purchases since coming into government: Eight thousand Dollars ($8,000) sent to my daughter and nephews through United Bank for Africa. This is verifiable.

"I'm not a forex trader. The day I choose to start trading in forex, I will resign as a presidential spokesman. If I know the coward and psychopath behind the official PDP handle, I will launch a defamation suit against him or her. And I will claim money in millions as damages," Shehu said.


Related Posts To Buhari’s spokesman, Garba made N280m dealing in forex – PDP alleges


Buhari’s spokesman, Garba made N280m dealing in forex – PDP alleges Rating: 4.5 Posted by: maiafrans

Search Here

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Recent Posts